Sunday 17 March 2013

Pedro the turkey

 Time to time I watch old movies, getting into character comes way more easily than with modern-day cinematography, at least for me. I am not always in the mood for an oldie, nor do I like all of them, but when I find the one I like in the right moment, I keep thinking about that movie for days, running through the scenes in my head.
 Last weekend I watched "Giant", an amazing film starring James Dean whom I like so much (I know it's a cliche', get over it) and Elisabeth Taylor. If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it.
 There was this one scene with Leslie's (E. Taylor) kids who didn't want to eat Thanksgiving lunch because they realized it was a turkey they were playing with earlier that day. I think it's such a good example of how genuine we all are in early childhood, it's such a pity that growing up we lose that sense of guilt.


This weekend was "The Great Gatsby", I'm slowly getting into the Charleston mood while expecting Baz Luhrmann's version.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment